Thursday, October 22, 2009

Touche, head cold

Wow. I have a completely newfound respect for rhinoviruses.

I don’t think I’ve had a cold this nasty since I was a little girl.

I’d been feeling fabulous…my exercise routines have been strong, I’d been feeling energetic (with absolutely NO caffeine in my system for the last two months, except a hot tea here or there), I’ve been eating perfectly, and then Tuesday night my left tonsil started feeling a little bit raw. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had mono again (crazy sore throat), and then all day yesterday I just felt like I got hit by a truck. I made some tofu and soba noodle soup, took Airborne, neti-potted, more soup, Gatorade, orange juice, you name it. I just kind of sucked, because I have a huge midterm today, and had to spend all yesterday forcing myself to study when all I wanted to do was lie supine for endless hours.

The day wasn’t totally bad. When I did my soup run to Walgreens, I noticed they had popcorn balls (one of life’s truest most simple pleasures!!) and bought some to enjoy when my taste buds are functioning again.

But yeah, I guess it was the kind of day where popcorn balls were the highlight of my night.

Still feeling amazingly crappy today (no yoga today :-(), but only a few hours until this test is over and I can crawl into bed for 14 hours straight.

Time to push through….

No comments:

Post a Comment