Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rant...

So as I was writing my last blog, some of my clothes were stolen from the dryer (before they were even done drying!) in the laundry facility at my complex. This absolutely pisses me off. This is the *second* time I've had clothes stolen from here. Last time was my fault, because I waited too long to get my clothes, but this time they weren't even finished. It sucks, because it was all stuff I just bought this week as a treat to myself (I don't shop often) and I hadn't even gotten a chance to WEAR them yet. I'm livid.

The worst part is there's absolutely nothing I can do. I wasted money on the clothes, and I wasted $2.25 washing them so some other person can wear them. And there's nothing I can do. I'm not rich. I cannot afford this bullshit. It pisses me off that someone would have the audacity to steal someone else's clothes from a dryer, but it's even worse that this lowlife person targeted an apartment complex comprised of mostly grad students. I'm not a materialistic person, but I also know what it's like to starve. I know what it's like to have to eat scrambled eggs every damn night for dinner. To steal from someone who is well below the poverty line is absolutely trashy.

It just kills me. This totally disillusions my thoughts on the goodness of humanity. A selfish senseless act like this and no culprit - just not a good way to end my weekend.

I just hope that karma will come around and this person will not have gotten those clothes completely free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment