Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lactic acid attack!

This morning I had my first babysitting job. It went well....I think I like doing the morning groups. I was up at 8 a.m., at work by 8:45, and done by noon with the rest of my Sunday to have all for myself. I was a little nervous....the kids were all young (under 2) and it's been a long time since I've worked with kids that little. I think the cutest part of the day was when a little guy who's walking (but not talking yet, except for a little babbling here or there) walked over to me, and with a puppy look in his eyes waved a book at me. I sat on the ground, and he professionally hopped into my lap, made himself comfortable, and waited for me to start reading to him.

Today I'm a quite sore. I really pushed myself on my run yesterday. I was antsy and couldn't sleep (surprise :-) ), so I decided to run. I actually love running in the rain - it always energizes me and awakens my inner kid. I got carried away and did a swift 3 miles along Shoal Creek. Normally 3 miles wouldn't be much for me, but I'm really *just* getting back into running again, and I think it was the pace more than the distance that's got lactic acid all up in my face today (esp my right hamstring/calf/ITB). Totally worth it though...after I got back, I took a gorgeously steamy shower, covered myself in lotion, snoozed for a quick nap under the softest of sheets. Oh and then a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin shmear from Einstein's.

Mmmm....makes me miss fall. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment