Monday, May 10, 2010

Juice Fast

Well, looks like I might be doing an unintentional juice fast today. I woke up this morning with my palatine tonsils so swollen that I cringe in swallowing even my saliva. I can feel significant constriction in the velvar and lateral-posterior pharyngeal muscles, and all I keep praying is "Please, please do not let this be strep or mono." The weird thing is that there are no other symptoms. No fever, I'm a little tired but hey that's expected (finals week). No cough. No stuffy nose. So bizarre.

I can't get a decent look in there to see if there are white spots (sometimes a telltale sign of strep), but nothing seems to be standing out. But good God it's annoying!! Did you know the average person swallows approximately 2,400 times a day? Yeah....I never really noticed either...until now.

I blended up some frozen mango and Vitamin Water for brunch, and managed to force it down, and luckily I'm well-stocked with cranberry juice, vitamin waters, coconut juice, and plenty of tea if I need it.

I have a dr's appt for tomorrow afternoon. If it's not cleared up by morning, it's probably worth getting checked out.

Well, on a happy note I did have an awesome weekend! I went horsebackriding and did yoga with a friend at this place about an hour south of Austin called Inspired Riding. Here's a photo of Bizzy(?) and me cantering around the ring. He was a bit slow for an Arabian (note the riding crop), but was also almost as old as I am:
Man, I forgot how much I missed riding! I know someone near Austin that has a horse that needs to be ridden, and I think I just may take them up on the offer now.
Saturday night, some friends and I went downtown to see my favorite 80's cover hairband, LC Rocks at Speakeasy. They are soooooo good! I got to meet and get a picture with the lead vocalist, Matt...he was so sweet and friendly!! Here's a video of them covering Guns 'N Roses "Sweet Child O Mine" (sorry it's so seasick-wobbly...I was probably dancing ;-)):



Yesterday I took a friend's dog on a 4 mile run. It was a lot of fun, and I really felt a little safer having a canine with me, especially since it was on a trail that is not in view of traffic. I really can't wait until I get to have my own four-legged running buddy! I really want a bigger dog....something with endurance and a goofball personality. Maybe a Great Dane/Labrador mix? Then last night my friend and I got together to do yoga and pilates together. It really made me push myself harder in my practice than I sometimes do with my own private practice. I think we're going to try to make it a more regular occurrence.

Welp, I guess it's about time to get myself and sad little infected lymph glands elbow deep in some studying. Two days, baby. Go hard or go home.

Happy Monday peeps, and please say a little thought and prayer for me that I kick this illness' butt today and tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment