Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Finals Freakout

Oh, finals week again. I never seem to survive finals without freaking out a substantial amount, although I will say this time around my test anxiety is a little better than it usually is. But still, I can feel the Chihuahua nerves rattling, the insomnia creeping in, and the immense exhaustion trailing me closely, following my scent as I make my way through the next week.

Summer vaca lurks just around the corner….so close yet also elusive, allowing only glimpses of what freedom brings.

I have one test in 25 minutes, followed by a big final from 5-7 pm, and then I get to go home and study for another exam tomorrow at 8 am.

Then I have 2 5-page papers to work on, and one or two finals (yeah, I need to look into that…) next Wednesday and/or Thursday.

My actual break will only be a two or three weeks…I’m taking a first session summer class from June to July and will surely be racking up the babysitting hours, too. I’m still waiting to hear about the internship (unpaid, but hey, I’ll take it!).

Oh man, I’d so rather be kayaking right now. Or reading a novel poolside. Or whipping up one of the twenty new recipes I’ve got on my To Try list. Or going on a nice long leisurely run, exploring new parts of Austin.

My inner escapist is surfacing.

Fight or flight, my friend.

Now is not the time to run. Now is the time to rise to the occasion, to SUIT UP.

To rush off warrior-like into combat against essays, diagrams, and tests of memory and knowledge.

To summon my inner ninja, and tackle the challenge.

And it all starts now, with my Anat/Phys test.


CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment