Monday, June 21, 2010

Detox

They say work hard, play harder. But I’ve been feeling very out of it lately, and perhaps I am playing a little too hard and too frequently. While it has been incredibly fun, and I haven't don't regret any of the crazy nights staying up until dawn, I think I’m starting to feel the toll it’s taking on my body. My brain feels a little fuzzy, like there might be some fur growing on the inside of my meninges.

It probably doesn’t help that I had friends in town this weekend who, since they had free stay at my place, insisted on buying me some of Austin’s grandest and most indulgent meals: Salt Lick, breakfast tacos, Vino Vino, etc.

My body is begging me to go back to my fresher foods, whole grains, and decaf clear (nonalcoholic) liquids. For now, it's had its fill of queso, chocolate, and grease.

I think it’s time for a weeklong detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment