Thursday, July 29, 2010

Homesick for fall. Really???

The past two or three (or four) days I've had just the very slightest twinge of homesickness tinting my thoughts.

It's bizarre. It's completely out of nowhere, but I strangely find myself missing the ominous approach of fall in northeast PA, and in particular the fresh start of a new school year at King's.

I don't know what prompted this, but it's weird that I'm craving a NEPA fall in late July during my Austin years. It's nonsensical. Although I love fall, I don't like the cold. I loathe any temperature lower than 65 (and it gets cold FAST in Scranton....October is easily early enough for snow), and I absolutely adore the sweltering waves of UV radiation pulsing through the air in summer here. Texan summers do not bother me. So why the sudden urge to buy fresh squash, and burn apple-cinnamon candles, and shop for sweaters, and make pumpkin-everything?

It will pass, but I can't help wondering where it came from....what is the meaning of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment