Thursday, February 18, 2010

It comes around

Yesterday I met up with one of my best friends for lunch. We shared a delicious meal, and then I had to scoot to class…I had my shrimp curry packed up to go, but realized I couldn’t bike across campus without crashing and/or making a huge wasted mess of truly delicious leftovers, so I asked him if he could pass it along to someone who looked like they needed it, maybe if a homeless person wanted it (I’m not sick, and it was Lenten friendly).

Yesterday, my boyfriend asked me if he could take me today to a local sandwich place we both love – we don’t really get a chance to do lunch often during the week, so this is a very special treat. This morning on my way into class there was a homeless man outside of the restaurant we’re meeting at later, picking up trash in the parking lot and sweeping off the porch. The place doesn’t open until later, and no one else was around, so he wasn’t doing it for money or for show. He appeared to be doing it because there was a broom left outside, and it seemed like something that had to be done.

I don’t know why, but I kind of felt like this might have been a sign from above…a small little sign to say yes, the karma will happen. It’s just a little peculiar that yesterday I gave away food I could’ve thrown out to a homeless person, and today a homeless person was helping tidy the establishment I planned to eat at later for lunch. I know it could be a complete coincidence, and maybe I shouldn’t read much into it…but I still like to think this is a sign. I think someone is trying to tell me that it comes around. If you act for the greater good of humanity you will be blessed, because goodness breeds goodness and eventually it will come back to you as well. As Randy Pausch said, if you live your life properly, the karma will come to you. The dreams will come to you.

Just a thought to share with ya’ll…maybe a happy thought to keep in mind on this awesome Thursday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment